Linuxer: explore Linux behind the scenes12 August 2016 - 4:05 am, by Ahmed Alkatheeri
We were working on a game which is using Linux commands, and today we announce Linuxer which is available now for iOS, Android, and macOS. The game specialised for several kinds of audience such as people who interest on Linux operating system, people would like to learn how to complete tasks on linux-based operating system by using linux commands, students who specialized in computer science, networks and information security.
What is this game about?
The aim of game is to teach you how to use linux commands to control your linux-based operating system, currently the game has few stages and it has be increased no future. By using linux commands you can discover, protect, and install software packages on this game using virtual command-line interface (usually called Terminal on linux-based operating system). This game contains several stages and each stage has its tasks that you have to complete.
- Learn how to use linux commands: learning linux commands that used to move between directories, knowing current path, executing programs.
- Give you basic introduction to networking: how to know your machine’s IP address, what is a network and how to connect to a network.
- Learn how to protect your machine: establishing firewall for your machine, how to deal with ‘iptables’ command-based tool.
- Practice ‘learn by doing’ methodology when you finished each stage of game: user or player has to finished each task by using linux commands to open next stage, he/she has to learn little about commands that should be use by using documentation provided in game.
- Each task provided documentation of linux commands: useful documentation if you don’t know how to use special linux command, or which command is specialized for finishing a single task.
The game contains 4 stages currently which are:
- Build stage: Contains some information about linux, discovering contents of linux-based operating system.
- Connect stage: Discovering kinds of network connection, connect to a network, how to discover your IP address.
- Protect stage: how to use firewall on linux-based operating system, using Iptables command tool as an example.
- Pack Stage: how to install package using apt-get command tool, and install a package as an example.
You can watch video trailer of Linuxer, it gives you an example of game play and using linux commands on provided terminal on each task:
If you want to write about Linuxer game you can use special press release for more details and screenshots available there.
For iOS and Android platforms:
For macOS platform: